An application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as a spouse of a person present and settled in the UK can be made to the Home Office, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) on the completion of  two years probationary spouse visa which was granted under the Immigration Rules in place before 9 July 2012 on the basis of marriage to a person present and settled in the UK. A person who was granted initial entry clearance or leave to remain as a spouse under the Immigration Rules in place from 9 July 2012 will have to complete 5 years residence in the UK under spouse visa before an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) as a spouse can be made to the Home Office, UKBA. The ILR application as a spouse of a person present and settled in the UK is submitted by using application form SET (M). The applicant has to provide evidence that the relationship is still subsisting and the applicant has been living with the UK spouse (the sponsor)  throughout the last two years or five years probationary period of spouse visa, as the case may be. It is also expected that both the applicant and the UK spouse (the sponsor) demonstrate intention to live with each other permanently. The applicant is required to pass Life in the UK Test and also meet the English language requirement in listening and speaking at level B1 of the CEFR in order to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). The Immigration Rules also require that there must be sufficient funds and adequate accommodation available for the applicant to be maintained and accommodated in the UK without recourse to public funds. Our consultants will assist you in wading through the appropriate documentation and will see you through from the start through to approval and receipt of your shiny new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card

What do we offer?

⇒ A detailed review of your circumstances to establish your eligibility to apply. 

⇒ The services of a leading UK Visa & Immigration specialist 

⇒ Gathering all your documents, ensuring that the information needed to support your application is correct, giving it the best possible chance of being accepted

⇒ Completion of your settlement application form

⇒ Completion of a detailed cover letter and copies of the supporting documentation for the Home Office caseworker

⇒ Booking of a same day appointment (if required) and representation of a member of staff on the day of the appointment

⇒ Regular contact giving you all the latest updates regarding your application and the laws in place by the Home Office

⇒ We only charge on approval and, unlike other firms, we do not charge for dependant applications if they are applying as family on the same Set M application

⇒ We have successfully completed over 5000 settlement applications and have been registered with the OISC since 2005!

Call us for a FREE consultation: 0207 866 8170 

Click HERE for an online assessment form

Premium Same Day Visas

International Work Permits are registered with the Home Office, Premium Service Centres (PSC) throughout the UK and are at the PSC in Croydon on a daily basis. Providing there are no criminal convictions, long absences or other extenuating circumstances then IWP can usually guarantee a same day result

Contact chris (at) for a no-obligation initial assessment of your case

Do not risk the disappointment and stress of refusal, when this can be avoided by a simple, no-obligation phone call: +44 (0) 207 866 8170