The UK fiancé visa service allows a person to bring their fiancé to join them in the United Kingdom as long as they themselves have settled status as a permanent resident or British citizen. Settled status means that they are living here lawfully with no time limit on their stay. If you are returning to the United Kingdom to settle, your partner can also apply for a UK fiance visa to join you at the same time.
If you wish to bring your spouse or common-law partner to join you in the United Kingdom, can help at every stage of the process. As a specialist UK immigration consultancy, we can provide expert immigration lawyer advice and help you embark upon the best route for your needs. Our UK immigration consultants can assist at all stages of a fiancee visa application , marriage visa application , De facto visa or unmarried partner visa application as well as the range of British work permits and visas for immigration to Britain.

Fiance immigration to the UK through this type of visa for Great Britain grants your partner leave to enter the UK in order to marry. Unlike other spouse immigration routes such as marriage visas, De facto visas and the Highly skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) / Tier 1 General , fiance visas do not require applicants to provide evidence that a relationship has already been in existence for a given number of years.

Fiancée visas are issued for a period of six months and are awarded solely for the purpose of travelling to Britain in order to get married. Only after marriage may the applicant apply to stay in the country beyond the six-month period, at which time a two-year UK visa extension may be issued in the shape of a marriage visa. A further extension would be made (so 5 years would be completed). After this time, a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) , often known as permanent residency in the UK, as long as the marriage continues to stand.

To qualify for a UK fiancée visa partners must:

  1. Plan to marry within a reasonable time (usually six months).
  2. Plan to live together permanently after they are married.
  3. Have met each other.
  4. Have a place to reside for the applicant and any dependants to live until they are married without help from public funds.
  5. Be able to support any dependants without working or receiving help from public funds.

Additional Information
Only after an applicant's fiance-prospective marriage visa is changed over to a two-year marriage visa are they able to start working and hold the same rights as their spouse who is present and settled in the United Kingdom. However, once a two-year grant of leave has been obtained, applicants will be able to work without the need for a UK work permit and without restrictions upon the type of work undertaken. Applicants for a visa for Fiancee immigration should marry within the six months from the date of issue.

Call us to see if we can help:- 0207 866 8170

Do not risk the disappointment and stress of refusal, when this can be avoided by a simple, no-obligation phone call: +44 (0) 207 866 8170